Moms Affiliate Banner

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

She Speaks Product Review- L'Oreal Paris Superior Preference Mousse Absolue

As a member of She Speaks, I was recently given the awesome opportunity to try out a new hair dye product by L'Oreal Paris! Superior Preference Mousse Absolue is UNLIKE ANY OTHER hair dye on the market! It is a MOUSSE...and it can be reused (for all those people who hate dying their hair and having left overs but then having to throw it all away...what a waste!). I received ONE FULL-SIZED SAMPLE to try out.





 The first thing that sets this product apart from other hair dyes, other than the fact that it's a mousse, is that it comes already mixed! Yes, you read that correctly...no mixing solutions together! The only assembly you have to do is to change out the lid to a pump piece. The image below is an image I borrowed (from media that was sent to me in regards to this review) to show how the bottle looks.

As you can see, this product has a super-easy-to-use pump. Remember what I said earlier? This product is a multi-use reusable product! Yes, that is right, depending on your hair length (I have short hair), you will get one full application, one full application + a touch up, or 2 full applications. In my case, I have 2 full applications because of the length of my hair.

The product has 3 basic steps to follow in order to have the most amazing experience possible:

You simply follow the above directions and apply the mousse to your hair (in sections), then you rub it in. Just like with other hair dyes, there is a set time limit to keep it on your hair, then you rinse your hair and add the included conditioner. With L'Oreal Pair Superior Preference Mousse Absolue, however, it is not as messy as other products. My only complaint about the product is how powerful the smell is during application. (That is one thing I hate about dying my hair, no matter what the product is, the smell is horrible!)
My (natural) hair color before application: honey blonde with red tones

My hair during the application process- You will notice that there is no dripping mess like other hair dye products

The finished product (I took a picture on my camera and then snapped this photo with my phone. I was so eager to share it, but my phone memory was full. LOL)- Very blonde!!!

To view a video showing the process of using this product:
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

My final opinions on this product :

*Ease of use- 5 out of 5 stars...seriously, it could not get any easier!
*Smell of product- 2 out of 5 stars...very strong odor during application
*Cleanliness of product application- 5 out of 5 stars...not at all as messy as most other products
*Final color- 5 out of 5 stars...very vibrant and not artificial looking!
*Lasting effects- 5 out of 5 stars...I colored my hair almost a little over 2 weeks ago, and it still looks vibrant!
*Cost-effectiveness- 5 out of 5 stars...How many other products offer 2 for the price of 1?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment for a giveaway, please include an email to contact you if you are chosen as a winner. I will not contact anyone outside of an email address (i.e. on Twitter or Facebook). Thank you very much!